There are two main possibilities to reach Nancy:
- By train from many cities in France and in other European countries
- Flight to Paris, then train to Nancy
- By car: from Paris or Strasbourg take the A4 motorway; from Brussels, Luxembourg or Dijon take the A31 motorway
- Regional airport: connections to Lyon, Toulouse and some European cities
- Flight to Luxembourg or Strasbourg, then train to Nancy
Coming By Train
Nancy station is in the center of the city.
Trains from Paris (Gare de l’Est station) take about 1h30 (high-speed TGV trains). Trains from Luxembourg or from Strasbourg take about 1h20.
You can also arrive to Lorraine TGV station, which is close to the regional airport (37 km from Nancy): a shuttle will take you into Nancy downtown in approximately 40 minutes. Note that the reservation of TGV is mandatory.
Websites for further information and reservation:
- Trains: www.voyages-sncf.com
- Shuttle booking Lorraine TGV: http://lorraine-tgv.navettes-keolis.com/
- Air France company: www.airfrance.fr
- Regional airport: www.metz-nancy-lorraine.aeroport.fr
- Nancy Tourism: en.nancy-tourisme.fr/practical-info/preparing-for-your-trip/
Coming By Plane
From the Charles de Gaulle Airport
There are several high-speed TGV trains daily connecting Paris – Charles de Gaulle Airport to TGV Lorraine station in a little more than 1h.
You can also come via Paris Center (Gare de l’Est station). Take the line RER B – a train connecting the airport and Paris (see the RER plan).
The RER takes about 30-45 minutes. Getting from the terminal to the RER may take up to 30 minutes.
To get to the RER, follow the signs “Paris by Train, RER”. Get off the train at the Gare du Nord station and change for Metro line 4 (using the same ticket), direction Porte d’Orléans, and follow the directions.
It is only 1 stop from the Gare de l’Est. At the Gare de l’Est station, take a direct high-speed TGV train to Nancy (1h30).
From Paris-Orly Airport
Take the ORLYVAL shuttle from the airport to the RER station «Antony». Change to RER B train, direction Paris center (see the RER plan). Get off the train at the Gare du Nord station and change for Metro line 4 (using the same ticket), direction Porte d’Orléans, and follow the directions. It is only 1 stop from the Gare de l’Est. At the Gare de l’Est station, take a direct high-speed TGV train to Nancy (1h30).
From Metz-Nancy Regional Airport
A shuttle is available on arrival and departure from the main flights
A shuttle service is offered from the airport, with schedules adapted to those of regular flights, the shuttle service to Nancy station.
Access Gare Nancy-St Léon, located rue Saint Léon
Tickets are to be purchased directly from the driver with the possibility of paying in cash, by credit card or check. You can also book your tickets.
Coming By Car
Travelling by car? Plan your route to the conference venue with Google Maps. Plan your itinerary with Google Map
• A31 (E21): Brussels, Luxembourg or Dijon – North Europe and Spain via Lyon and Marseille.
• A4 (E50/ E25): Paris, Berlin, Stuttgart, Vienna.
• Expressway N4 Paris Strasbourg.
Nancy is a city that can be visited on foot.
You are always within 5 minutes of a park or garden, your hotel, or a good restaurant.
If you want to move quickly in Nancy for short trips,
VéloStanLib ‘offers bicycles free access 24/24, 7/7 and in 29 stations particularly well distributed in the city.
Many bike paths allow you to go through Nancy. It is an ecological way, simple and fast to move you in Nancy.
Access the VéloStanLib ‘website: www.velostanlib.fr/
Taking the tram is the quickest and cheapest way going to /coming from the city center.
For a map of the bus routes and prices, check the Stan website on www.reseau-stan.com
We suggest you to by a ticket named “PASS10” which allowed you 10 trips (can be shared with another person)
Nancy taxis are available 24-hours a day, seven days a week
- Phone: 03 83 376 537
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.taxis-nancy.com
LORRAINE AIRPORT SHUTTLE
Arrival and departure: Gare Nancy-St Léon
This shuttle is available on arrival and departure from the main flights
• Shuttle for Lorraine TGV: http://lorraine-tgv.navettes-keolis.com/
• Shuttle to the regional airport: http://lorraineairport.com/navettes